Entrants must be associated with a project aligned to the Sweetpotato for Profit and Health Initiative (SPHI)
A message to all amateur and professional photographers – here’s another chance to tear that hard drive open and share your amazing photographs for a chance to win $120 and make sweetpotato history.
With two categories and 12 prizes, your chances have never been better!
This year, we’ve decided to change the themes a little.
- OFSP History: The past two decades: This year, our efforts in promoting OFSP and biofortification were acknowledged when scientists from the International Potato Center and HarvestPlus were awarded the 2016 World Food Prize. It is a great achievement for all of us. This category gives you the opportunity to take a nostalgic walk back in time, to remember all those moments that your work with OFSP contributed to this big win. So dust off those old photo albums and retrieve the best from the past.
- Men and sweetpotato: This year, we realized that we have lots of photos of women and children with sweetpotato, but not so many highlighted the involvement of men. So in this category, we want to get you all on board to spotlight the role that men are playing in the sweetpotato value chain.
To increase your chances of getting a prize, we have two types of entrants:
- International Potato Center (CIP) staff members
- Partner organization members
What you stand to win
Great rewards are on the way. The top 3 photographs in each category will win a cash prize:
2nd place: $70
3rd place: $45
The top photographs will grace the cover of the 2016 SPHI annual meeting folders.
The top photographs will be featured on our newly re-designed Sweetpotato Knowledge Portal, an online community for everything you ever wanted to know about sweetpotato, and go down in sweetpotato history.
How to enter
Please send all photos to Christine Bukania: email@example.com before 31 August 2016.
- Send each photo as a separate email.
- All photos should be sent in JPEG or PNG format. Do not send photos pasted into MS Documents or the body of the email.
- Do not enter photos that you already entered in previous competitions
Every photo must meet the following size specification and be accompanied by the following description:
- Size: at least 500kb
- Description of the activity shown in the photo
- Where the photo was taken (village, province, country)
- Names of key persons in photo, where applicable
- Photo taken by (Name and organization)
Please label each photo using the following format
For entries to the SPHI at Work category:
YOUR LAST NAME_HISTORY_NO1
YOUR LAST NAME_HISTORY_NO2
For entries to the Promoting Orange-fleshed Sweetpotato category:
YOUR LAST NAME_MEN_NO1
YOUR LAST NAME_MEN_NO2
Need some inspiration? Check out the 2015 entries