Entrants must be associated with a project aligned to the Sweetpotato for Profit and Health Initiative (SPHI) or a Guest Attending the SPHI 2018 Meeting
A message to all amateur and professional photographers – here’s another chance to tear that hard drive open and share your amazing photographs for a chance to win $120 and make sweetpotato history.
With two categories and 12 prizes, there are many chances to win!
This year, we’ve decided to change the themes a little.
Sweetpotato Technology Transfer: This category emphasizes technologies in seed management, production management, post-harvest management and marketing that improve how the value chain can operate for sweetpotato.
Children Benefitting from Orange-fleshed Sweetpotato: This category is to capture children being fed, growing, eating, or just learning about orange-fleshed sweetpotato and its benefits.
To increase your chances of getting a prize, we have two types of entrants:
- International Potato Center (CIP) staff members
- Partner organization members
Great rewards are on the way. The top 3 photographs in each category will win a cash prize:
- Winner: $120
- 2nd place: $70
- 3rd place: $45
- The top photographs will be featured in on the Sweetpotato Knowledge Portal and in SPHI communications for the next year.
How to enter
Please send all photos to Faith Njung’e: F.Njunge@cgiar.org before 20th August 2017.
- Send each photo as a separate email.
- All photos should be sent in JPEG or PNG format. Do not send photos pasted into MS Documents or the body of the email.
- Do not enter photos that you already entered in previous competitions
Every photo must meet the following size specification and be accompanied by the following description:
- Size: at least 500kb
- Description of the activity shown in the photo
- For category on Role in the Food System: Description of the Agro-ecology the picture was taken in
- Where the photo was taken (village, province, country)
- Names of key persons in photo, where applicable
- Photo taken by (Name and organization)
Please label each photo using the following format. Each person can submit a maximum of 3 photos in total.
For entries to the Sweetpotato Technology Transfer category:
YOUR LAST NAME_TECHNOLOGY_NO1
YOUR LAST NAME_TECHNOLOGY_NO2
For entries to the Children Benefitting from Orange-fleshed Sweetpotato category:
YOUR LAST NAME_BENEFITTING_NO1
YOUR LAST NAME_BENEFITTING_NO2
Need some guidance on what makes a good photo? Check out this short slideshow: http://bit.ly/2t1ddj9
Add your sweetpotato projects to the Sweetpotato Knowledge Portal
The SPHI is a multi-partner, multi-donor initiative that seeks to reduce child malnutrition and improve smallholder incomes in 10 million African families by 2020 through the effective production and expanded use of sweetpotato. We invite all partners who are contributing to this goal to add information about their projects to the Sweetpotato Knowledge Portal by filling out this form: http://www.sweetpotatoknowledge.org/add-new/
Pingback: The SPHI 2018 Photo Contest Winners - Sweetpotato Knowledge Portal