Entrants must be associated with a project aligned to the Sweetpotato for Profit and Health Initiative (SPHI) or a Guest Attending the SPHI 2019 Meeting
A message to all amateur and professional photographers – here’s another chance to tear that hard drive open and share your amazing photographs for a chance to win $120 and make sweetpotato history.
With two categories and 12 prizes, there are many chances to win!
This year, we’ve decided to change the themes a little.
Diverse uses of sweetpotato: This category emphasizes on the role of sweetpotato in diverse food systems and for diversified uses.
Branding and marketing of sweetpotato: This category is on branding and marketing techniques used to promote sweetpotato along the value chain. (Not just products). Be creative with your submission.
To increase your chances of getting a prize, we have two types of entrants:
- International Potato Center (CIP) staff members
- Partner organization members
Great rewards are on the way. The top 3 photographs in each category will win a cash prize:
- Winner: $120
- 2nd place: $70
- 3rd place: $45
- The top photographs will be featured in on the Sweetpotato Knowledge Portal and in SPHI communications for this year or next year.
How to enter
Please send all photos to Faith Njung’e: F.Njunge@cgiar.org before 30th June 2019.
- Send each photo as a separate email. Use naming system described below.
- All photos should be sent in JPEG or PNG format. Do not send photos pasted into MS Documents or the body of the email.
- Do not enter photos that you already entered in previous competitions
Every photo must meet the following size specification and be accompanied by the following description in a Word file:
- Size: at least 500kb ( We encourage you to submit 1MB )
- Description of the activity shown in the photo
- For each category please submit a description of the what is happening in the picture ( Maximum 100 words)
- Where the photo was taken (village, province, country)
- Names of key persons in photo, where applicable
- Photo taken by (Name and organization)
Please label each photo using the following format. Each person can submit a maximum of 3 photos in total.
For entries to the diverse uses of sweetpotato category:
YOUR LAST NAME_ DIVERSE _NO1
YOUR LAST NAME_ DIVERSE _NO2
For entries to the Branding and marketing of sweetpotato category:
YOUR LAST NAME_ BRANDING _NO1
YOUR LAST NAME_ BRANDING _NO2
Need some guidance on what makes a good photo? Check out this short slideshow: http://bit.ly/2t1ddj9
Add your sweetpotato projects to the Sweetpotato Knowledge Portal
The SPHI is a multi-partner, multi-donor initiative that seeks to reduce child malnutrition and improve smallholder incomes in 10 million African families by 2020 through the effective production and expanded use of sweetpotato. We invite all partners who are contributing to this goal to add information about their projects to the Sweetpotato Knowledge Portal by filling out this form: http://www.sweetpotatoknowledge.org/add-new/