We’re thrilled to announce the call for abstracts for the Marketing, Processing and Utilization Community of Practice Meeting. The annual meeting will be held in Kampala, Uganda on April 9-11, 2019.
To enhance the living standards of food producers, the value-chain approaches had received extensive attention. Recently, good nutrition through healthy diet is gathering momentum. Now agricultural value-chains are considering how it can contribute to sustain and enhance life. Thus, the nutrition lens is being encouraged to be applied to all activities from farm to fork to ensure the consumption of foods that meet daily nutrient needs.
It is against this background that the Marketing, Processing, and Utilization Community of Practice platform is organising this year’s annual meeting on the theme: “Nutrition sensitive value chains for roots, tubers and banana” to be held between the 9th and 11thApril 2019 in Hotel Africana Kampala, Uganda.
The following themes will be discussed during the meeting:
a) Integrating agriculture and nutrition to improve dietary intake of essential nutrients;
b) Development and/or profitability of processed products from biofortified root, tuber and banana crops; and
c) Postharvest handling of root, tuber and banana crops.
The organising committee is therefore pleased to call upon all researchers and partners from private sector with innovative ideas, in line with the above-mentioned themes to send short (500 words) abstracts describing your work (completed or ongoing).
Based on the quality and relevance of their work, selected individuals will be invited to present their work at the meeting.
Abstract submission guidelines
• All abstracts must be submitted electronically. Please review these instructions carefully before submitting an abstract.
• Authors are not permitted to submit an abstract on work that has previously been published. Exception: if additional data/research is added to a previously published abstract the abstract may be accepted.
• Prepare your abstract in a Microsoft Word document or plain text.
• Have the names and institutions for all your co-authors.
Abstract title and body
• Enter the title of your abstract in Title Case (i.e. cap the first letter of each word, except prepositions). Do not put a period at the end of the abstract title.
• Include the full name of the authors and their affiliations and email addresses.
• Capitalize initial letters of trade names.
• Use standard abbreviations for units of measure.
• Other abbreviations should be spelled out in full at first mention, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses.
• Include the source of research support
• Use Calibri font 12
• The body of the abstract should not exceed 500 words.
N.B: We would like also to know the challenges that you have faced throughout your work and how you managed to overcome them.
Please let us know your ability to attend and send your abstracts to email@example.com Abstract submission deadline is March 6, 2019, at 11:59 pm East African time.
There is limited funding support to cover transport, meals and accommodation only to qualifying good quality abstracts. Students and women researchers are encouraged to apply